Thank you for your interest in our practice and coming to our website! I really enjoy what I do and I am always dedicated to providing the best outcomes and experience for each and every patient. My goal is to make my office a family style practice that places quality patient care at the top of the priority list and yet remains affordable to have a beautiful smile.
In order to become an orthodontist, I attained the following certificates of education:
- The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA: Bachelor of Arts 1993
- Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE: Doctor of Dental Surgery 2000 Graduated Summa Cum Laude and class Valedictorian. Installed in Omega Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society, Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity for the highest academic standing, The Pierre Fauchard Academy for outstanding academic achievements in dentistry and The American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Award for exemplary aptitude and achievement in oral and maxillofacial pathology.
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY: Certificate of Specialization in Orthodontics 2003
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY: Master of Science in Orthodontics 2004
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics 2007-20012
- Laser Associate Fellowship Certification for soft tissue and periodontal treatments 2014
- The Aligner Intensive Fellowship 2018
I believe my patients deserve the best care available, so that is why I focus on the latest advances in orthodontics like Invisalign, implants, and surgical aesthetic approaches as well as the newest digital technology. We have digital scanning technology for our impressions that allows for no more goop and no gag impressions. We use 3D printing to make our models and molds for faster service to our patients. Our x-rays are digital resulting in lower radiation exposure and our patient charts are all digital technology.
I am the most experienced Invisalign provider in Pender and Brunswick county. I have over 150 hours of continuing education units in Invisalign mechanics, treatment planning and technology advancements. The courses I take as well as my previous engineering background allow me to solve complicated orthodontic treatment problems to achieve beautiful results for my patients. I also concentrate on advances in pediatric dentistry. This allows me to help my younger patients with conservative treatments of guided tooth eruption as well as facial and smile development.
In the Practice
Orthodontics is unique in the sense that I can develop a closer relationship with my patients and their family because of their time in treatment. I really feel blessed to have the opportunity to watch my patients’ personalities grow and develop as their smiles change. This is truly rewarding for everyone and we learn so much about each other.
As James Matthew Barrie said, “Those that bring sunshine to others cannot keep it from themselves.” Our team will help bring a little sunshine into your life and a smile to your face. My dental team has helped me acquire the honor of attaining the Americas Top Dentists Award for the last 13 years!
Family and Community
I come from a large Italian family with four sisters! We enjoy getting together as often as we can, so I can spend time with my ten nieces and nephews! I also have a dog, Penny, and a rescued cat named Cappuccina. One of my greatest passions is working with my hands, a skill I learned from my father. Photography, carpentry, woodworking and car restoration are among activities that occupy my free time. I am also a member of the Oak Island Hunting Club and the NRA.
I live in Hampstead, and believe the future of our community is our children. As an Eagle Scout, I help my community by remaining actively involved with the Boy Scouts as a merit badge counselor, a Founding Advisor of Venture Crew 2789, and the Boy Scouts Executive Advisory Board. I am a mentor for senior high school students at Dixon and Topsail High Schools for career development and senior projects, in addition to sponsoring these schools athletic programs. I also provide externships for dental assisting students at Miller Motte and Cape Fear Community Colleges and sponsor athletic programs at Dixon and Topsail High Schools.
I am an active member of All Saints Catholic church. I helped underserved children in rural North Carolina communities through the Smiles program and did mission work in Guatemala for Children of the Americas.